ECLS 2016 – Roma TRE University
Welcome to Roma TRE University Faculty of Law and to the 11th Annual General Conference pf the ECLS. Here follows some useful information both for participants and for presenters.
We are happy to remind you that attendance to the conference is free but registration is required before the by 4 September 2016.
Please register through the registration form on the Registration page (http://www.ecls2016rome.com/registration/).
Participants who need a visa in order to enter Italy are strongly advised to begin visa application procedures in due time. The conference organizers will provide invitation letters on request. If you still need an invitation letter, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org providing your name, address, passport number and phone number.
The conference will last two days: from the 22nd to the 23rd September 2016, from 9.00 am until approximately 6.00 pm. Light lunches will be provided on every conference day.
The Conference will be held in the following venues:
- the morning session of the 1st day (22 September) will be held at the Law Department of the Roma Tre University, in Rome, Via Ostiense 159.
- The following afternoon session will take place at Villa Aldobrandini in Rome, Via Panisperna 28, headquarter of the International Institute for the Unification of Private Law (UNIDROIT).
- The entire 2nd day of the Conference (23 September) will be hosted again by the Law Department of Roma Tre University, in Rome, Via Ostiense 159.
How to get to University of Roma TRE Faculty of Law
Take a taxi from the Leonardo da Vinci Airport or from the Ciampino Airport to Rome, Via Ostiense, 159. Fares run about 40-45 euro. Please be aware of and do not accept unsolicited offers for taxi rides; take only authorized white taxis equipped with taxi meter. Supplements may be charged for bags or night travel.
From Leonardo da Vinci Airport the train station is located inside the airport, near the arrival and departures areas. There are two possible choices:
- Leonardo Express, a non-stop service which connects exclusively the airport with Roma Termini Central Station with a route every 15 minutes (journey takes 32 minutes)
- Regional FL1, to/from Roma Tiburtina, Roma Tuscolana, Roma Ostiense and Roma Trastevere (doesn’t stop in Roma Termini Central Station), with departures every 15 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekends and holidays. Since this train is always very crowded, if you take it please pay attention and take care of your belongings. The nearest station to Roma TRE Faculty of Law is Roma Ostiense (then take Metro B for 1 stop or bus no. 23, five stops)
From Ciampino Airport the nearest railway station is located in the town of Ciampino, connected to the airport by COTRAL/SCHIAFFINI buses every 30 minutes, with a journey time of about five minutes. Then a light rail service connects the railway station of Ciampino to Roma Termini Central Station in an average time of 15 minutes.
Between 05.00 am and 11.00 pm is provided from the Leonardo da Vinci Airport or from the Ciampino Airport to Rome and Roma Termini Central Station. The ticket price is around 5 euro per person and open return ticket costs 8 euro per person. Busses take about 45 minutes in normal traffic conditions, but can take considerably longer during rush hours.
Once you get to Roma Termini Central Station (or Roma Ostiense if you decide to take Regional FL1), take the Metro Line B direction “Laurentina”. Closest subway station to University of Roma TRE Faculty of Law is “Basilica San Paolo”. The cost of the ticket is 1,50 euro and can be purchased anywhere inside subway stations.
From “Basilica San Paolo” station, walk about 300 meters north passing by the Basilica and you will be arrived.
While in the subway, please be extremely aware of pickpockets
Conference participants will be responsible for their own accommodation.
Although the area surrounding University of Roma TRE Faculty of Law, lacks of big hotels capable of hosting large numbers of conference participants, Rome is full of hotels for all budgets. We suggest you to select hotels located around Line B subway stations (Bologna, Policlinico, Castro Pretorio, Cavour, Colosseo, Circo Massimo, Garbatella) possibly avoiding the area behind Termini Station and Piazza Vittorio Emanuele (Via Cavour is ok).
In order to keep on schedule with the conference program, presenters are kindly requested to respect the following advices:
- Presentations are supposed to last 20 minutes. Presenters who are placed in panels with a high number of speeches will be required to stay within the time limit of 15 minutes (you will be informed by email as soon as the program of the conference will be put online).
- It belongs to the session chair the right to decide on Q&A after every presentation or to do an open discussion following every session.
- In order to allow a profitable discussion, you are kindly requested to focus on the main topic of your paper.
- Power Point presentations are welcome, but please keep presentation slides focused on the main topic and limited in number.